PowerShell Symbol Store (PSSymbolStore) is a combination of Powershell cmdlets that implement the functionality of the "symstore" utility (included in the Debugging Tools for Windows) and the Symbol Store Manager - a WinForms GUI application for interacting with a symbol store.Prerequisites
The only prerequisite is installing Microsoft's Debugging Tools for Windows
. This requirement might be removed in the future, but for now, it's required.PSSymbolStore Cmdlets
The PSSymbolStore PowerShell snap-in includes the following cmdlets used for administering a symbol store. These cmdlets mimic the functionality provided by the "symstore" utility included with the Debugging Tools for Windows.
Full PowerShell-based help is available for all the cmdlets, simply type "get-help [cmdlet name]" to view more detailed information about each cmdlet.
Symbol Store Manager
- Add-Symbols - Adds symbols to the symbol store
- Get-Transaction - Retrieves some or all of the transactions from a symbol store
- Remove-Transaction - Deletes transaction(s) from a symbol store
- Lock-Transaction - Locks transaction(s), preventing them from being deleted with the Remove-Transaction cmdlet
- Unlock-Transaction - Unlocks transaction(s), allowing them to be deleted with the Remove-Transaction cmdlet
The Symbol Store Manager is a Windows Forms GUI application that encapsulates the functionality of the PowerShell cmdlets, enabling a friendlier way of managing a symbol store. If you have feedback on the UI, please add a discussion item under the "Discussions" area for this project - it's really basic right now. I have some ideas for it, but am always looking for other input.Screenshots