PSSymbolStore installation problem.

Apr 4, 2008 at 5:01 PM
I am trying to use 0.1 Beta version.

But when I try to install it, I get the error, with the install log as follows: Please help:

Installing assembly ‘C:\PSSymbolStore-0.1-beta\PSSymbolStore.dll’.
Affected parameters are:
assemblypath = C:\PSSymbolStore-0.1-beta\PSSymbolStore.dll
logfile = C:\PSSymbolStore-0.1-beta\PSSymbolStore.InstallLog
logtoconsole =
An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\PSSymbolStore-0.1-beta\PSSymbolStore.dll assembly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Aborting installation for C:\PSSymbolStore-0.1-beta\PSSymbolStore.dll.
Rolling back assembly ‘C:\PSSymbolStore-0.1-beta\PSSymbolStore.dll’.
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\PSSymbolStore-0.1-beta\PSSymbolStore.dll assembly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2008 at 10:06 PM
What version(s) of .NET do you have installed? I'm assuming you have PowerShell installed (v1, not the newest v2 CTP) - is that true?
Apr 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM
I have following .Net versions on my machine.
.NET 2.0 SDK
.NET 2.0 SP1
.NET 3.0 SP1
.NET 3.5

I have installed powershell (0.1 Beta) which is available at
http://www.codeplex.com/PSSymbolStore/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=9441

alerch wrote:
What version(s) of .NET do you have installed? I'm assuming you have PowerShell installed (v1, not the newest v2 CTP) - is that true?

Apr 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM
I have following .Net versions on my machine.
.NET 2.0 SDK
.NET 2.0 SP1
.NET 3.0 SP1
.NET 3.5

http://www.codeplex.com/PSSymbolStore/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=9441

alerch wrote:

Apr 16, 2008 at 8:21 PM
Can somebody please help me with the installation?

Thanks,
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2008 at 3:43 AM

hi wrote:

I meant what version of PowerShell you had installed (Windows PowerShell), not the PSSymbolStore. Have you installed PowerShell?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/powershell/download.mspx

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get notified that you had posted back here.
Aaron
Apr 18, 2008 at 10:18 PM
Thanks for the response. I installed the Powershell from the link you provided. I could install PSSymbolStore.dll as mentioned in the read me file. But when I launch SymbolStoreManager.exe, it crashes. Please advise.

Thank you.

alerch wrote:

hi wrote:

I meant what version of PowerShell you had installed (Windows PowerShell), not the PSSymbolStore. Have you installed PowerShell?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/management/powershell/download.mspx

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get notified that you had posted back here.
Aaron

Coordinator
Apr 19, 2008 at 4:58 AM
When it crashes, does it show a dialog box of any sort? If it does, can you copy the contents of it into a response here? There should be some sort of call stack or technical details about the crash that I can use to debug it.
Apr 21, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Here is the crash information:

EventType : clr20r3 P1 : symbolstoremanager.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0
P3 : 4778470b P4 : system.management.automation P5 : 1.0.0.0
P6 : 451ac035 P7 : 14c4 P8 : 3f
P9 : 52yudc0xdbsyqki2yohgixw3lh3d3pkm